Drug Detox in Sherman Oaks
Sherman Oaks is a private and quiet retreat in the heart of San Fernando Valley. It boasts of a rich history that dates back in the 1920’s, and diverse shopping and recreation options. This lovely community has something to offer to everyone: foodies, film buffs and shopaholics.
And while Sherman Oaks may seem like a family friendly suburban community, it harbors a dark secret: Drugs. Painkillers and sedatives are just some of the many substances that are abused here. Unscrupulous doctors give away prescriptions for Vicodin and OxyContin for the right price.
The good news is, in the dark cloud of addiction and substance abuse, there’s a silver lining. Sherman Oaks is home to many drug rehab and detox facilities to help those who are struggling with addiction.
But choosing the right program and facility is crucial as this will make or break your chances for long term sobriety.
Choosing the Right Addiction Program and Facility in Sherman Oaks
When selecting the best addiction treatment facility and program to help you address your addiction, there are a couple of factors to consider:
- Location – You can’t heal where you got sick in the first place. Hence, considering a facility that’s far from where you reside can boost your chances of recovery as you’re not exposed to triggers that could lead to relapse. In addition, a location where you have access to green spaces and plenty of sunshine can improve your chances for full and long term recovery from addiction.
- Your daily life – Not everyone has the luxury to leave their residence and livelihood. If you’d like to continue with your daily routine while getting treatment, an outpatient program might be your best bet.
- Focus – Certain treatment facilities may only cater to a specific addiction, or may specialize in one part of the recovery process, such as detoxification. It is important to choose a facility that specializes and has a proven track record in treating patients with your condition and needs.
- Duration of the program – Many treatment programs can be as short as 30 days or as long as 90 days. How long you choose to stay will depend on your financial capacity (the longer the program, the more expensive it is), professional and personal commitments, and the severity of your addiction (More severe addictions may need longer treatments).
- Amenities – There are rehab centers that offer amenities that can rival that of a 5 star hotel, while there are those that offer basic accommodations in a sterile, hospital-like setting. What you choose will depend on how long your program is. Of course, if you’re going to stay longer, you might as well go for a more comfortable accommodation.
Tips in Choosing the Right Facility For You
Sherman Oaks offers so many drug detox and rehab options to choose from that the task of finding the right one for you can be stressful. But there are ways to narrow down your list:
- Know your goals – One way to determine the success of the program you choose is determining what you want to get out of it. Do you want to address the substance abuse? Or are there any underlying issues you want to tackle such as co-existing medical conditions or dual diagnosis that you want treated at the same time? Knowing what success you want to achieve will help you narrow down your options.
- Speak with a treatment specialist – A treatment specialist can help you find a treatment or facility that can help you achieve your recovery goals. They can provide you valuable information that can help you decide on the best option for your recovery. These individuals can connect you to the right facility, or guide you through the best options.
Restore Health and Wellness Center is one of the best places to start your recovery journey. This 65-bed facility offers residential therapeutic services in a comfortable drug and alcohol-free environment with breathtaking views and plush amenities.
Don't wait any longer!
To know which of our residential treatment programs can help you achieve your recovery goals, speak with one of our treatment specialists at (888) 979-4570. Visit us at 6918 Owensmouth Ave Canoga Park, CA 91303.Verify Your Insurance Now