The Dark Side of The “Valley”
San Fernando Valley, or the “Valley” as it’s fondly called, is often pictured as a Californian suburban heaven – mild weather, proximity to some of California’s best beaches, beautiful and pleasant locals, and the laid back vibe the Valley is often known for.
In terms of things to do and places to see, the Valley has something to offer to everyone: beach bums, nature lovers, gastronomes and art, and theater enthusiasts.
But there’s a dark side to the Valley that not many are aware of: the drug scene. For the past decade, the Valley has often dealt with the rampant sale and abuse of drugs. In fact, in early 2014, the LAPD reported an increase in heroin, particularly Mexican black tar heroin.
Van Nuys is notorious for its drug delivery services, where you can call and place an order for drugs, mostly heroin, and cocaine. These services can be delivered right at your doorstep until their operator was caught last year and sentenced to 20 years of incarceration.
The good news is, drug rehab and detox abound in San Fernando Valley to address these issues. There are many facilities that offer professional help to those suffering from substance abuse, but depending on the level of care you require or the severity of your addiction, a residential rehabilitation program might be the best option for you.
Benefits of Residential Rehab Treatments in San Fernando
Residential rehab treatment requires clients to live full-time within a drug detox and rehab facility for the entire duration of the patient’s program. Depending on the severity of your addiction, opting for a residential rehab treatment might be the best option for you for a couple of reasons:
- You are given a chance to focus on healing and introspection – Being away from your life’s daily stressors and obligations give you a chance to focus on yourself and your recovery journey. This also allows you to do some reflection on what has gone wrong in your life and how you plan to fix it during your recovery.
- You are giving your loved ones a chance to heal as well – Drug addiction is not just an affliction of one person. It affects your entire family as well. By going through residential treatment, you are also allowing your loved ones to heal from the pain they endured when you were struggling withsubstance abuse and addiction.
- Structure – Being in a residential treatment facility means you’ll have little to no free time. This allows them little to no opportunity to think about the substance of their choice, thus saving them from relapse early in their recovery journey.
- You are away from temptations and triggers – Residential treatments give you a chance to be away from negative influences and develop coping mechanisms that can help you stay away from drugs or alcohol for good.
- Safe and comfortable environment – Facilities like Restore Health and Wellness Center ensure your utmost comfort and safety while you navigate through the most critical part of your recovery journey with the help of trained staff and specialists.
- Supportive peers and staff – In residential treatment facilities, you’ll be around people who’ll be instrumental to the success of your recovery.
You’ll foster friendship with people who are on the same boat as you, in terms of recovery goals, and you’ll have the guidance and support of staff, specialists, and volunteers who are former addicts themselves.
- No access to drugs or alcohol – Residential treatments further remove possible triggers for relapse by making sure your choice of substance is impossible to procure. This way, you’ll have better chances of staying sober throughout the early stages of recovery post-detox.
Getting Residential Treatment in Restore Health and Wellness Center
The residential rehab program of Restore Health and Wellness Center helps clients prepare for life without drugs and alcohol, with their individualized treatments that focus on motivational, cognitive, and behavioral principles.
Don't wait any longer!
To learn more about Restore Health and Wellness Center’s residential rehab treatment program, give us a call at (888) 979-4570. Visit us at 6918 Owensmouth Ave Canoga Park, CA 91303.Verify Your Insurance Now